Insrtallation on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
deandrade87

Insrtallation on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Post by deandrade87 »

Hello,

I have already installed plenty of versions of Code Saturne on my previous Ubuntu 13.04 64bit OS.

I have recently upgraded the system to have the new LTS version, but I can't get Code Saturne installed.

The autoreconf -vi, configure and make commands work. When I do make install, I get the following error:

Making install in .
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/install/ncs.build'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/install/ncs.build'
/bin/mkdir -p '/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/bin'
/usr/bin/install -c bin/code_saturne '/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/bin'
/bin/mkdir -p '/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/etc'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./../trunk/extras/code_saturne.cfg.template '/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/etc'
/bin/mkdir -p '/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/autovnv'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./../trunk/bin/autovnv/Command.py ./../trunk/bin/autovnv/Drawing.py ./../trunk/bin/autovnv/__init__.py ./../trunk/bin/autovnv/Parser.py ./../trunk/bin/autovnv/PlotVTK.py ./../trunk/bin/autovnv/Study.py ./../trunk/bin/autovnv/TexMaker.py '/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/autovnv'
./../trunk/build-aux/py-compile: Missing argument to --destdir.
make[2]: *** [install-autovnvPYTHON] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/install/ncs.build'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mcjssjd6/Code_Saturne/v3.2.4_local_test/install/ncs.build'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I had backed up the Code Saturne folder before reinstalling Ubuntu, and if I copy the "autoreconfigured" source code
from there I have no problem in the installation.
Doing a diff between the two Makefile.in produced, I get (left is the new file, right is the old one)

977,978c977,982
< $(am__py_compile) --destdir "$(DESTDIR)" \
< --basedir "$(autovnvdir)" $$dlist; \
---
> if test -z "$(DESTDIR)"; then \
> $(am__py_compile) --basedir "$(autovnvdir)" $$dlist; \
> else \
> $(am__py_compile) --destdir "$(DESTDIR)" \
> --basedir "$(autovnvdir)" $$dlist; \
> fi; \
1015,1016c1019,1024
< --basedir "$(pkgpythondir)" $$dlist; \
---
> $(am__py_compile) --basedir "$(pkgpythondir)" $$dlist; \
> else \
> --basedir "$(pkgpythondir)" $$dlist; \
> fi; \
1053,1054c1061,1066
< --basedir "$(pkgpythondir)" $$dlist; \
---
> $(am__py_compile) --basedir "$(pkgpythondir)" $$dlist; \
> else \
> --basedir "$(pkgpythondir)" $$dlist; \
> fi; \

In the old file there is a test directly related to the autovnv target directory of py-compile. The error must come from here. I have checked, and the two Makefile.in should have been created with the same version of Automake. What can cause this difference? Is it a missing dependency?

Cheers!
Yvan Fournier

Re: Insrtallation on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello Jacopo,

I did not reproduce this on Ubuntu 14.10 beta, but I used "./sbin/boostrap" instead of "autoreconf -vi".

This script calls "autoreconf -vi", but first removes some files which are not overwritten correctly by autoreconf, and which lead to the type of problem you describe.

Cheers,

Yvan
deandrade87

Re: Insrtallation on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Post by deandrade87 »

Hello Yvan,

thanks for the support, I confirm that the installation is successful using the command "./sbin/bootstrap".

Cheers!