error parsing xml file

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
lovedaypeter

error parsing xml file

Post by lovedaypeter »

Hello,

I recently installed Code Saturne v3.3.2, using CFDStudy with Salome v7.4.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.

I was following the CFDStudy tutorial, and managed to get through all the pre-processing, however, when I click run, I get an error message:

"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/bin/code_saturne", line 77, in
retcode = cs.execute()
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_script.py", line 81, in execute
return self.commands[command](options)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_script.py", line 133, in run
return cs_run.main(options, self.package)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_run.py", line 289, in main
domains=d)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_case.py", line 167, in __init__
d.set_case_dir(self.case_dir)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_case_domain.py", line 438, in set_case_dir
self.read_parameter_file(self.param)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_case_domain.py", line 405, in read_parameter_file
version_str = version_str)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_xml_reader.py", line 127, in __init__
raise XMLError('Error parsing XML file: ' + fileName)
cs_xml_reader.XMLError: Error parsing XML file: /home/peter/Documents/ZainoCFD/Tutorials/CFDStudy1/PIPESTUDY/case1/DATA/t_junction

"

I do not understand what is wrong...why can it not parse the file? Is the installation OK? Please help, new to code saturne...

Thanks in advance,

Peter
Yvan Fournier

Re: error parsing xml file

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I am not suite sure, but I seem to recall someone having a similar issue recently.

I suspect the issue is due to the combination of Code_Saturne's Python and Salome's python and/or their PyQt versions, but am not sure.

If you intend to use Code_Sature only through Salome, you could add PYTHON=<path_to_salome_python_exec> for Code_Saturne's "configure" command. You may also do the same for PYUIC4 and PYRCC4. The downside is that to use Code_Saturne directly, you will need to source the Salome environment (otherwise, Python will not start, as it will not find its libraries).

Otherwise, you could try running the tutorial from th Code_Saturne GUI directly ("code_saturne gui" instead of "code_saturne salome") ?

Regards,

Yvan
lovedaypeter

Re: error parsing xml file

Post by lovedaypeter »

Hi Yvan,

Thank you for the answer. I ran using saturne gui, and got a more helpful error: code saturne had been built without xml support. I had set the option to auto in the setup script, and got no error or message warning, so I though it had worked.

I've re-installed setting the option to install libxml2, and now it works...in serial. For some reason parallel compute process does not work. (I'll make a new post to keep it organised, including the log file from saturne).

Regards,

Peter

edit:

The solver ran using saturne gui, it does not run from salome, posting the following error (which I guess is related to python as python gets mentioned a lot):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/bin/code_saturne", line 77, in
retcode = cs.execute()
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_script.py", line 81, in execute
return self.commands[command](options)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_script.py", line 133, in run
return cs_run.main(options, self.package)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_run.py", line 289, in main
domains=d)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_case.py", line 167, in __init__
d.set_case_dir(self.case_dir)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_case_domain.py", line 438, in set_case_dir
self.read_parameter_file(self.param)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_case_domain.py", line 405, in read_parameter_file
version_str = version_str)
File "/home/peter/Code_Saturne/3.3.2/code_saturne-3.3.2/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/code_saturne/cs_xml_reader.py", line 127, in __init__
raise XMLError('Error parsing XML file: ' + fileName)
cs_xml_reader.XMLError: Error parsing XML file: /home/peter/Documents/ZainoCFD/Tutorials/CFDStudy1/PipeStudyCS/case1/DATA/t_junction