instalation issues in Code Saturne 3.0.4

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
nthiers

instalation issues in Code Saturne 3.0.4

Post by nthiers »

Hello everyone, i'm new in this, i need to use code saturne for my postgrade studie and i'm having troubles with the install. i've already download the installer from the website but when i run the install_saturne.py, throw me an error during the MED instalation.

here are my details:

version of Code_Saturne: 3.0.4
SO ubuntu 12.04 lts
gcc 4.6.4
python 2.7

i'm sure that this trouble is very easy for you but i'm stuck here and i would really appreciate if you could healp me

thanks a lot for your time
Attachments
install_saturne.log
here is my log, i've tried to install it in /opt and in mi home folder and i have the same issues
(4.49 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: instalation issues in Code Saturne 3.0.4

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

At the end of the config.log, you have the important message:
============================================================================
ERROR!
You probably have to install the development version of the Python package
for your distribution. The exact name of this package varies among them.
============================================================================

So you need to install the python-dev package (or some similar name) first.

Another solution would be to edit the installer (Python) file so as to add "--disable-python" to the MED configure line, so as to avoid requiring Swig and Python (we'll do that for future releases).

Regards,

Yvan
nthiers

Post by nthiers »

thanks for your help Yvan Fournier, i could fix the problem re-installing Qt5 and PyQt5 (but without installing pyuic5).
there is any problem if i install code saturne without installing pyuic5 or it's necessary?

now i have problems doing the first tutorial,but i think that goes in another forum, not here.

anyway thanks for your time and your help!.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Actually, you seem to be the first person I know of who has tested the code using qt5 instead of qt4. I believe the compatibility between the 2 is much higher than that between qt3 and qt4 (which needed a major update), but it's hard to tell whether your problems are related to this.

Code_Saturne will check for pyuic4 and pyrcc4, not pyuic5 or pyrcc5, so you must have those installed, or experiment with adding:

PYUIC4=pyuic4 PYRCC5=pyrcc4

to your configure line. If using the isntaller, this means swithching to the "detailed" installation mode. To do this, you can go inside the code_saturne<xxx>_build directory, run "head config.log" to see the configure command that was used, and then run athat command, removing possible "--no-create --no-recursion" options at the end, and adding otions such as PYUIC4=pyuic4 PYRCC5=pyrcc4. After that, if all goes well, you can run make, than make install...

Otherwise, playing it safe and installing PyQt4 has more "guaranteed" chances of success (but if you do go the PyQt5 route, I am interested in your feedback).

Regards,

Yvan
nthiers

Post by nthiers »

Thanks a lot for all your help Yvan but i think am gona install PyQt4 because am relatively new in ubuntu so it looks easier than using PyQt5.

thanks again for your help and when i have it re-installed i'll tell you if it solve my problem.
nthiers

Post by nthiers »

i have already install Qt4.8.6 and am trying to install PyQt 4.10.4 with this

python configure-ng.py --sip-incdir=/home/nicolas/CodeSaturne/sip-4.16.1/siplib --dbus=/usr/include/dbus-1.0 --confirm-license --no-deprecated --pyuic4-interpreter=/usr/bin/python2.7

make

but when i try "make install" got this error:

make: [install_pyuic4] Error 1 (ignored)

any idea how to fix it?

thanks a lot
Attachments
log.log
there is the full log
(66.86 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

If I remember, you are running on Ubuntu.

Can't you simply install Pyqt4 using the Ubuntu package manager (either through the app-store type application, or through synaptic or muon) ?

Regards,

Yvan