Installation issues code_saturne 3.0.3

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
sescob27

Installation issues code_saturne 3.0.3

Post by sescob27 »

Hi, i'm running code_saturne on a cluster with RocksCluster OS based on CentOS this is my conifgure:
./configure --prefix=/share/apps/code_saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3 --disable-gui --disable-frontend --with-hdf5=/share/apps/hdf5/hdf5-1.8.12 --with-cgns=/share/apps/code_saturne-3.0.3/cgnslib-3.1.3 --with-med=/share/apps/code_saturne-3.0.3/med-3.0.6 --with-mpi=/share/apps/openmpi/gcc-4.8.2/openmpi-1.6.5 --disable-mpi-io --with-metis=/share/apps/metis-5.1.0 --with-blas-lib=/share/apps/atlas-3.8.4-2/lib64/atlas --with-blas-include=/share/apps/atlas-3.8.4-2/include --with-blas-type=ATLAS --with-blas=/share/apps/atlas-3.8.4-2

the installation succed but when i run a test: code_saturne run --param Test it throws this exception
Code_Saturne is running

Version: 3.0.3
Path: /share/apps/code_saturne-3.0.3/code_saturne-3.0.3

Result directory:
/home/sescob27/CASE1/RESU/20140422-1630

Parallel code_saturne on 8 processes.

Preparing calculation data

Preprocessing calculation

/bin/bash: /share/apps/code_saturne-3.0.3/libexec/code_saturne/cs_preprocess: No such file or directory
Error running the preprocessor.
Check the preprocessor.log file for details.

Error in preprocessing stage.

Saving calculation results

Error in preprocessing stage.

but there is no such preprocessor.log anywhere, i have tried everything, i put the cs_user_scripts.py inside DATA dir and nothing happens (our cluster doesn't has a GUI), i have tried the installer too but i had the same issue
Yvan Fournier

Re: Installation issues code_saturne 3.0.3

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Your issue is due to the "--disable-frontend" option, which prevents building cs_preprocess...

You case would work using a previously generated mesh_input (run on another machine for example), but it can't work here.

The "--disable-frontend" option is mainly for machines with "very" distinct compute nodes such as Blue Gene machines. On a classical cluster, don't bother with it...

Regards,

Yvan
sescob27

Re: Installation issues code_saturne 3.0.3

Post by sescob27 »

Yvan, thank you SO MUCH i had been dealing with this error for some time ago, thank you thank you so much it works