download code_saturne 3 and thr correponding tutorial 3

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
ppcosat

download code_saturne 3 and thr correponding tutorial 3

Post by ppcosat »

Hello,

I am using Xubuntu. I tried to download code_saturne (=cd) and in my download folder I found
installer 3.0.3 tar.gz .
To open this I was adviced to use Applications>Accessories>Terminal Emulator with besitzer@besitzer-Pc:~$ (besitzer means in German owner) and I made a right click>Open Terminal with tar -zxvf data.tar.gz . The file should now be open and extracted, but I did not get any result.
Could you kindly give me a better advice?
A second question:

How can I download an appropiate tutorial for for cd 3. I have a tutorial for cd 2, but this is certainly outdated.
Thanks a lot, Regards Peter
Yvan Fournier

Re: download code_saturne 3 and thr correponding tutorial 3

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The tutorial for version 3.0 is split into several smaller tutorials, which you have probably already found in the "documentation" tab of this web site.

In a similar manner, you will find a detailed installation documentation for the "manual" installation process. For the automatic installer, which you downloaded, the files which you uncompressed contain a README.txt file, which provides the basic info. Reading the "Third Party Libraries" section of detail installation manual will probably save you some time, as it may avoid build failures due to missing packages in your Ubuntu installation.

Regards,

Yvan
Yvan Fournier

Re: download code_saturne 3 and thr correponding tutorial 3

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I also forget to add that the easiest way to install Code_Saturne on XUbuntu is to use the package manager (synaptics or muon in graphical mode) as the code is packaged in Debian and Ubuntu, as well as in a few other Linux distributions.

In this case, though, the version of Code_Saturne you will obtain will depend on the version of your Linux distribution.

Regards,

Yvan