Stable release Code_Saturne version 2.0.1

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Debashis Basu

Stable release Code_Saturne version 2.0.1

Post by Debashis Basu »

Hello,

I saw the Stable release Code_Saturne version 2.0.1in the website

http://research.edf.com/research-and-the-scientific-community/softwares/code-saturne/download-code-saturne-80059.html

Unlike other versions I am unable to find any file related to installer or installation.

I can see only these files to be downloaded

Basic libraries
Noyau (et IHM) 2.0.1  (11308Kb)
Préprocesseur 2.0.1 (1311Kb)

Compulsory auxiliary libraries
BFT 1.1.4  (490Kb)
FVM 0.15.2 (867Kb)
MEI 1.0.2 (467Kb)

Kindly let me know is these all ? Or are there any particular file for installation ?

Any guidance on installation will be really helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Debashis
Alexandre Douce

Re: Stable release Code_Saturne version 2.0.1

Post by Alexandre Douce »

The installation procedure is the same for all versions of Code_Saturne 2.0 (2.0-beta1, 2.0-beta2, 2.0-rc1, 2.0-rc2, 2.0, 2.0.1,...).

So as said here http://code-saturne.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=982 you can find all informations you need here http://code-saturne.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=931
Brennan Sharp

Post by Brennan Sharp »

Observations:

For all five archives, I found it necessary to set the executable flag for the configure script.

For mei and ncs it was necessary to do the same for config/py-compile, otherwise make install threw an error.

For the configure script, this change may not be necessary for all installation methods. It was necessary for my Gentoo ebuild scripts.

For the py-compile scripts, the change was necessary even if running make install manually.

As these changes were not required in previous releases, I wonder if the use of zip archives has affected the relevant file attributes. It's no big deal, the changes are trivial, but knowing about it might save you some time if you're compiling the code yourself.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This was also reported to us by another user, and I believe the zip files were built on Windows, so the copy to a different filesystem probably lost the executable attributes.

I just checked that building them on Linux does not lose the executable attribute, so the zip files should be rebuilt and re-posted in a few days (sadly, the EDF website technology only allows zip extensions, not tar.gz, so we have to jump through hoops to get some simple things working).

Thanks for the feedback.

Yvan
Debashis Basu

Post by Debashis Basu »

Thanks a lot. Let me know when you have the rebuilt linux and unix version.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I believe David rebuilt it, so you may try it now.

Yvan
garyt123

Post by garyt123 »

Hello All,

Are there any plans to release an install script as per RC2?

Regards

Gary
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, the install script should be released, but you may be able to simply adapt that of RC2 by adjusting the paths.

Code_Saturne 2.0.1 is available on the abovementioned link, but not yet officially announced (waiting final proofreading validation documentation, as this is a stable release), so the install script should come with the announce. The code will also be downloadable from this website.

Best regards,

Yvan
garyt123

Post by garyt123 »

Thanks Yvan, I'll wait for the official release then.

Regards

Gary