Using the subroutine

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
David Monfort

Re: Using the subroutine "CFILTER.F"

Post by David Monfort »

Another interesting feature -- if your case is not too big ! (ncells < 10000) -- would be to run valgrind on 1 time-step. You can tell the code where to find the valgrind executable (if present) in the same Advanced options button I wrote about in previous post. This will tell you whether you have some memory corruption in the code.
Nazir Al Sayed

Re: Using the subroutine

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Hello
I run my calculations on a single processor, and i reserve 12GB of the memory as follows:  # PBS-l select = 1: ncpus = 1: mpiprocs = 1: mem = 12GB: Saturn = 1
Also the size of my mesh is (30,30,11), what bothered  is that the "CFILTER" works well for the  model Smagorinsky-dynamic !
Please find attached files: listing, erreur, error, sortie, and compil.log
Thank you very much for your help.
Nazir Al Sayed
Attachments
listing.txt
(42.95 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Nazir Al Sayed

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Attached file:erreur
Attachments
erreur.txt
(644 Bytes) Downloaded 179 times
Nazir Al Sayed

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Attached file sortie
Attachments
sortie.log
(9.96 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Hello,
Could you send me a "tar" of your setup (xml file from the graphical interface, all the Fortran sources, lance script) without the mesh of course ;-)
I assume I can launch a test-case on a simple channel flow with your model, can't I ?
I'll try to have look [disclaimer: when I have time :-(] and see if I can understand your problem.
David
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

And here are some comments, after a quick look at your listing file.
It seems you changed the default settings for LES simulations. The default are the following and are strongly advised, but perhaps did you change them on purpose ;)
- second-order in time for all variables - 10 sweeps on the RHS reconstruction for the pressure, 5 for the velocity
Also, be careful as it seems you are doing a restart simulation from a first simulation with different turbulent models. This isn't forbidden at all, but be aware that what you are doing could cause weird behavior.
Nazir Al Sayed

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Thank you for your advice and your jokes ;) ...
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Nothing bad intended here ;-) sorry about my "jokes"... The fact is LES simulations can be quite sensitive :)