Code Saturne for hydrodynamic

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Soliman Elkabir

Code Saturne for hydrodynamic

Post by Soliman Elkabir »

i,
Im actually student in mechanical at Blaise Pascal University(solid mechanics),in this context i will work in a project on behalf of Alcan Aerospace for a:"model generated waves on a pool of U.S is moving at high speed(2 m/s) head control submerged. the goal is to model a geometry of a bow to limit turbulence generated and therefore waves generated.
for that i intend to build pairing Code Saturne/Code Aster through the platform Salomé.
is it feasible abbord of all, and if so how long it takes on averrage?
waht do you thinks?
Please it very urgent.

regards,

Solima
Soliman Elkabir

Re: Code Saturne for hydrodynamic

Post by Soliman Elkabir »

i,
the goal of this project is to model the flows arround the head control, and thus able to optimize geometric structure(thruster) to reduce turbulence.
I never work on Saturne's Code,nor elswhere on CFD software, is it feasible? how? do you have any ideas?
Urgent
regards,

Solima
Alexandre Douce

Re: Code Saturne for hydrodynamic

Post by Alexandre Douce »

Hi, it is not easy to response to your request.
In your first post you are talking about free surface and fluid-structure interaction. These two items are not available in the standard version of Code_Saturne, moreover it seems to be quite difficult for a begin in CFD.
However, in your second topic you are talking about a flow around a body. I understand that you want characterize turbulence, and make parametric calculations in order to  optimize the shape of the body with a criterion based on the turbulence. This work is feasible with Code_Saturne, even with little knowledge in CFD. Of course it depends also of the complexity of your body: the grid construction can be a delicate step.