Code Saturne 2.0-rc1 - Tutorial CFDSTUDY: issue with fluid p

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Alexandre Douce

Re: Code Saturne 2.0-rc1 - Tutorial CFDSTUDY: issue with fluid properties when using

Post by Alexandre Douce »

Hi Wayne,

As Yvan said, all the formulas have an independent table of symbols. I tried to share a table of symbols among multiple formulas with function mei_tree-new-with-shared_symbols in mei_evaluate.c but finally I found this solution a bit confusing for the user.

However, having the variable rho for the formula mu is a good idea. I've implemented this in the attached sources. These sources are not widely tested. If it is convenient, perhaps it will be integrated in the next version.
Attachments
rho_mu-tar.gz
(28.92 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
salad

Re: Code Saturne 2.0-rc1 - Tutorial CFDSTUDY: issue with fluid properties when using

Post by salad »

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply :)

Fantastic! I report I tested Alexandre's patch and it works as expected.

I think this is very useful. When I used FORTRAN user routines, I read rho value to calculate mu value. (I think this implies Code_Saturne calculate rho before calculating mu. Then what is the order for Code_Saturne to calculate the four parameters, density, visvosity mu, specific heat and thermal conductivity) Now we can also reuse the rho value in mu expression when using MEI. Thanks to the patch.

Many thanks for your time on it.

Best regards, Wayne
Alexandre Douce

Re: Code Saturne 2.0-rc1 - Tutorial CFDSTUDY: issue with fluid properties when using "user law"

Post by Alexandre Douce »

8-)  

I forgot to say that the sources are of course compatible with Code_Saturne 2.0-rc1  ;-)
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Hello Wayne,

Reading through different threads, I noticed that nobody had answered your question concerning the calculation order for the different physical properties... sorry!

So, here are a few elements:

In FORTRAN, you control everyting, the order of calculation is up to you With MEI, it depends on how we coded it... currently, the order is: rho, mu, Cp and then scalars viscosity, scalars diffusivity. But, this is subject to change! So be careful with a supposed order ;)

Hope this helps!