Boundary condition error

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Axel Cablé

Boundary condition error

Post by Axel Cablé »

Hi,
I run a 3D case with inlet outlet and wall defined as boundary conditions and I get the following boundary conditions error. When building the mesh (in .neu), I used some internal boxes to refine my mesh properly (and I didn't specify anything for these faces since I figured Saturne would consider them as "interior"), could the error result from this? Any clue where it could come from otherwise?
Thanks in advance

Error message in listing:
@
@@ WARNING  PHASE   1, FACE      92798, PROP.No1     0, BC TYPE    0
@
@@ WARNING  PHASE   1, FACE      92799, PROP.No1     0, BC TYPE    0
@
@@ WARNING  PHASE   1, FACE      92800, PROP.No1     0, BC TYPE    0
@
@ @ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @
@
@@ WARNING: ABORT BY BOUNDARY CONDITION CHECK
@    ******** @    INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE BOUNDARY CONDITIONS
@
@    Value of type ITYPFB for boundary conditions must be
@          greater or equal to          1
@      and less than or equal to        200
@    One or more errors are listed above.
@
@    The calculation will not be run.
@
@    Verify the boundary condition definitions in the
@    appropriate user subroutine.
@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@
Yvan Fournier

Re: Boundary condition error

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

These boundary faces seem to have no color or group, so they might be faces you thought would be "interior".

With version 2.0, you would have a post-processing output indicating which boundary faces have correct boundary conditions and which ones do not, but with version 1.3 or 1.4, you can still use the check_mesh script (or use the equivalent functionality from the GUI) to obtain a preprocessing output of the mesh as read by Code_Saturne's preprocessor. Just load that under EnSight or ParaView, activate some transparency, and you'll see if you have boundary faces where none are expected.

Note that of the mesh formats allowing abutting face connectivity (CGNS, MED, and GAMBIT Neutral), only MED, leads to automatic joining, and only with certain face equivalence names. Using CGNS or GAMBIT neutral, you should have a warning in your preprocessor.log (or listpre) file recommending to use an appropriate joining option, so if that is the case, just add a conforming joining option for the Preprocessor so as to transform adjacent boundary faces to interior faces.