Problem with Radiation Model

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Mita Sarkar

Re: Problem with Radiation Model

Post by Mita Sarkar »

David,

Still I could not fix the problem. Please suggest me something. The case file and listing file are attached here.

Thanks
Mita
Attachments
listing-05191609.txt
(50.35 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
case1.xml
(9.54 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

It seems you're trying to use the steady algorithm. We sometimes have some difficulty to make it converge with buyoancy-driven flows (it's the case here if I'm right...).
Could you try the "standard" algorithm, i.e. unsteady algorithm with a constant and uniform time-step ? Make sure to have a low-enough time-step to ensure a good convergence (i.e. CFL number below 1 or 5 at least). And you should set the listing frequency output to 1 so that we have more information on the simulation.
Mita Sarkar

Post by Mita Sarkar »

Hi David,

Per your suggestion, I tried to use standard algorithm, i.e. unsteady algorithm with a constant and uniform time step (1e-05) but still solution is diverging.  Initially Courant number was small but as time goes, Courant number goes high. Here how did you calculate CFL condition/Courant number? Is it calculated as follows: CFL = (dt * Umax)/dx where dt = time step, Umax = maximum velocity and dx = element size. I tried with some more smaller time steps but it did not work yet. If you can suggest me some more trick to tackle this problem, I would appreciate your help. Is there anything else that can help me?

Thanks
Mita
Attachments
listing-05200935.txt
(126.67 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Hi Mita,

The Courant number (and others) is computed in the dttvar subroutine. This is basically what you wrote, except that it is a bit more complex so as to take into account all kind of cells.

As for your convergence issue, I've seen Alexandre anwered to your other thread. I suggest we continue in the new one, if you don't mind.

David
Mita Sarkar

Post by Mita Sarkar »

Hello David,

Thank you for your reply. It is okay, we will continue the convergence issue in the new thread.

Regards
Mita