How to use tutorial ?

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Chebli Rezki

How to use tutorial ?

Post by Chebli Rezki »

Hello,
I want to make the CAS1 of the tutorial, but I don't know how to launch Graphical Interface of code_saturne 2.0-rc1.
I tested the " ./SaturneGHI "  command, but I didn't succeed.
Please, can you help me.
you find here the " Terminal " that I prepared.

chebli@chebli:~/Bureau$ cd Prise\ en\ main/
chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main$ ls
1-simple_junction

chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main$ cd 1-simple_junction/
chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main/1-simple_junction$ ls
case1  mesh

chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main/1-simple_junction$ cd case1/
chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main/1-simple_junction/case1$ ls
case1.xml  runcase

chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main/1-simple_junction/case1$ cd ..
chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main/1-simple_junction$ ls
case1  mesh
chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main/1-simple_junction$ cd mesh/
chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main/1-simple_junction/mesh$ ls
downcomer.des

chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main/1-simple_junction/mesh$

Regards.
Rezki
Yvan Fournier

Re: How to use tutorial ?

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
Some of the text in the tutorial is not up to date: p 43, replace "cree_sat -ETUDE T_JUNCTION CAS1" with "code_saturne create -s T_JUNCTION".
The code_saturne command should be in your path, or you may type the full path. It is installed in the "bin" subdirectory of your Code_Saturne install.
The "code_saturne create" command creates a directory structure, along with scripts containing the correct paths for future execution.
You may then copy files from the tutorial into the new structure (meshes from "mesh" into "MESH", ...) and a SaturneGUI script (which simply calls "code_saturne gui") will have been created in each "DATA" case subdirectory, so the ./SaturneGUI command works from those directories.
Regards,
Chebli Rezki

Post by Chebli Rezki »

Hi,
Thank you for your help.
1)  I tested the " code_saturne create -s T_JUNCTION " command, but it didn't succeed (command not found).

chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main$ ls 1-simple_junction chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main$ code_saturne create -s T_JUNTION  code_saturbe: command not found chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main$ 

2)  I don't find the code_saturne commands in the " home / chebli / opt / cs-2.0-beta2 / bin " file.

Regards.
Rezki

Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
If you are using beta-2 instead of rc-1, the command is "cs" instead of "code_saturne" (the tutorial is for version 2.0-rc1, and cs was renamed to code_saturne to avoid name conflicts with other Debian packages).
Regards,
Chebli Rezki

Post by Chebli Rezki »

Hi Yvan,
I don't understand, because I am using  2.0-rc1, I installed it from the following bond (https://code-saturne.info/products/code-saturne/forums/announces/918391265).
Can you assure me this information ?

now, when I used the " cs " command I had this message.

chebli@chebli:~/Bureau/Prise en main/1-simple_junction$ cs create -s T_JUNTION Le programme « cs » n'est pas installé.  Vous pouvez l'installer en tapant : sudo apt-get install csound cs: command not found
Tank you.
Rezki
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Hi Rezki,
You can follow my answer in your other thread. Let's continue there then ;-)
David