setting boundary conditions with radiation and couping with SYRTHES

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Thomas Aumeier

setting boundary conditions with radiation and couping with

Post by Thomas Aumeier »

Hi,
I coupled Saturne and Syrthes successfully when only convection on the fluid and conduction on the solid side are considered. I also like to use radiation (with the DO method) but I don't know how to specify the bc setup correctly in usray2.f90 for the coupled boundary faces. Can you give me a hint what to do? I tried a lot, but my results are not reasonable.
Regards
Thomas Aumeier
David Monfort

Re: setting boundary conditions with radiation and couping with SYRTHES

Post by David Monfort »

Hi again,
Unfortunately, you reached a limitation of the current version of Code_Saturne (even the soon-to-be-released 2.0) :( At the moment, the user cannot use conjugate heat transfer (either with SYRTHES coupling, or with the internal 1D-wall modelling) along with radiative transfer. The model taking into account the wall temperature in the radiative transfer module is only 0D.
Nevertheless, this is something we are working on; so, next version (probably 2.1, tentatively end of 2010) will have this feature. It is also possible that we release a development snapshot beforehand.
David
Thomas Aumeier

Post by Thomas Aumeier »

Hi David,
thats really a pity . During my attempts I was supposed to know it may not be possible. A development snapshot would be very very helpful...
Thanks a lot for the information - however you provide a very good tool.
Thomas
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

I'll try to keep you updated about when we'll have a development snapshot with this feature enabled. But we have to carefully test different simulation to avoid spurious numerical unstability of the couping when taking into account the radiative flux in the total thermal flux sent to SYRTHES (or the 1D-wall model).