Checking the probe values at each time step

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Stéphane Blanchet

Checking the probe values at each time step

Post by Stéphane Blanchet »

Hi everybody,

I would like to check the probe values at each time step, I read on the user manual that I have to change the value of the nthsav variable in the usini1.f90. But when I set nthsav = 1 in the usini1.f90 and  run Code_Saturne, I get a compilation error.
Here is the compil.log I get in the RESU folder

entsor.h:196.40:     Included at /.../src_saturne/usini1.f90:1392: common / ivhist / ncapt , nthist, nthsav,                         &                                                                    1 Error: COMMON attribute conflicts with DUMMY attribute in 'nthsav' at (1) gfortran -I/.../Code_Saturne_2.0-rc1/opt/cs-2.0-beta2/include -x f95-cpp-input -Wall -Wno-unused  -D_CS_FC_HAVE_FLUSH  -O -c /.../src_saturne/usini1.f90   

I've never modified the usini1 file before, so I probably did it in the wrong way (I only added the line nthsav = 1 in the file).
So, any idea would be very helpful.
Thank you guys,

Stéphane
Yvan Fournier

Re: Checking the probe values at each time step

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
What line (more precisely, in what function) of usini1.f90 did you place it ?
Make sure you set nthsav = 1 after #include entsor.h", preferably in the "usipes" subroutine.
Also, to test your user Fortran files, you may simply run "code_saturne compile -t" in the directory containing those files (or cs -t using version 2.0-beta2 instead of rc1).
Best regards,
  Yvan
Stéphane Blanchet

Re: Checking the probe values at each time step

Post by Stéphane Blanchet »

Hello,

I placed it in the usipes subroutine and now it works fine, thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Stéphane