Tutorials Request

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Jimmy Sapède

Tutorials Request

Post by Jimmy Sapède »

Due to the extensive possibilites of code saturne, particularly in combustion, the tutorials are very "cheap" dealing only with simple non reacting flows.

will there be some tutorials including fuel or coal combustion using user fortrans, considering radiative transfer as well as wall coupling using syrthes ?

It
would be greatly apprciated and useful, and moreover could give a good basis for users avoiding them to bother developpers for informations.

thanx,

Jimmy
David Monfort

Re: Tutorials Request

Post by David Monfort »

Hi Jimmy,
This is clearly one of the weakness of Code_Saturne... I agree with you. The documentation lacks tutorials, how-to's, and a full-English theory manual... at least. We intend to work on that, but we shall probably not release anything complete before next year or so, even if there will be some improvement before. At least, there should be a gas combustion tutorial soon (hopefully for the 2.0
release), and I'd like us to regularly add tutorials and improve the current manuals.
Documentation may be one of the more important thing (if not the first), but probably also the more time-consuming, especially when the setup changes between two versions.
Anyway, thanks you for your support!
David
ps: regarding your specific request (fuel and coal combustion, radiative transfer, conjugate heat transfer), I think the more probable is that we'll work on these topics in the following order: conjugate heat transfer and then coal combustion or radiative transfer. Concerning fuel combustion, it might come later (this is not the most used module).
Jimmy Sapède

Re: Tutorials Request

Post by Jimmy Sapède »

thanks for your answer,
I agree with the fact that writing documentation is higly time consuming, especially with highly modulable code.
As i'll robably use the code for coal combustion simulation, maybe i'll ask for some help here and, finally, end up with setting up a so-called "tutorial" based on the experience we'll develop and share it with te community.