IDDES turbulence model?

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
finzeo

IDDES turbulence model?

Post by finzeo »

Hello everyone,

My question is simple: is it possible to use an IDDES model of turbulence in code_saturne?
I have references that it is a suitable model to treat the aerodynamics of high-sided vehicles, without having a mesh as fine as that required for LES models.

Thank you in advance!
Yvan Fournier

Re: IDDES turbulence model?

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

We have a DDES mode for the k-omega model, but I do not know of IDDES. I see publications about IDDES-RSM, and to my knowledge, there is no such RSM model in code_saturne. Our 3 RSM variants are the LRR (not used much, except for comparisons with other models), SSG, and EBRSM (Elliptic Blending RSM,).

Best regards,

Yvan
finzeo

Re: IDDES turbulence model?

Post by finzeo »

Yvan Fournier wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:36 am Hello,

We have a DDES mode for the k-omega model, but I do not know of IDDES. I see publications about IDDES-RSM, and to my knowledge, there is no such RSM model in code_saturne. Our 3 RSM variants are the LRR (not used much, except for comparisons with other models), SSG, and EBRSM (Elliptic Blending RSM,).

Best regards,

Yvan
Hi Yvan,

I understand that IDDES turbulence models can be based on different RANS strategies (see, for example: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... lent_flows. Here they discuss the use of the IDDES model based on the k-omega SST and on RSM.
Despite this, I am finally going to use the DDES model based on k-omega