Postprocess CGNS Data

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
sofenkumarjena

Postprocess CGNS Data

Post by sofenkumarjena »

I have saved the output of Code_Saturne in .cgns format. Because I want my surface name etc to be exported from the CS solver for postprocessing, where ensight fails. But unfortunately I am not able to open the .cgns data in paraview for post processing. Is there any alternative software, that can be useful for postprocessing of .CGNS data.

With Thanks and Regards

Sofen
Yvan Fournier

Re: Postprocess CGNS Data

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I have not tried in a while, but between ParaView and Visit, one of the 2 failed and the other succeeded when both volume and boundary data were in the same cgns file (as 2 dfferent zones or bases).

If you use the "separate meshes" option for the cgns writer in code_saturne, I would expect both to be able to open files.

Or this might be a version compatibilty issue...

What error messages do you have ?

Regards,

Yvan
sofenkumarjena

Post by sofenkumarjena »

In my cases, both boundary and volume data are saved in separate .cgns files. In Paraview I can able to load those files, but after that failed to see the field information, like velocity field etc. Only solid boundaries are showing. I can not able to see any data
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Which version of the code are you using ? Is this a turbomachinery case ? We recently fixed a bug which may impact v7.2 for this.

In ParaView, do you see anything with "point sprites" visaulazation mode or "shrink" filter ?

Regards,

Yvan
sofenkumarjena

Post by sofenkumarjena »

I am using code Satune 7.1 version.
It is not turbomachinary case.

Sofen
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Do you have a small CGNS file you can post ?

Regards,

Yvan