Monitor the integration of a boundary variable

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Ruonan

Monitor the integration of a boundary variable

Post by Ruonan »

Dear Code_Saturne experts,

Hello. In the calculation, I understand how to monitor the variables at a point in the fluid domain. Now I'm trying to monitor the integration of thermal flux on a boundary wall. Could you please guide me on how to do this?

I really appreciate it if there are any examples available, if it cannot be achieved in the GUI. Thank you!

Best regards,
Ruonan
Antech

Re: Monitor the integration of a boundary variable

Post by Antech »

Hello.
I don't think it's possible via GUI, but you can try with subroutine in cs_user_extra_operations.c. Please check how boundary force is calculated in cs_user_extra_operations-boundary_forces.c example (located in /install-dir/share/code_saturne/user_sources/EXAMPLES/), then make similar code for your needs. If there is a simpler way, developers will point it out. But I think you will need some programming to average monitors.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Monitor the integration of a boundary variable

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, there is a slightly simpler way, though also involving user-defined functions.

If you activate the computation of the bkyndary thermal flux (the simplest way is to activate its postprocessing output im the GUI), then in cs_user_postprocess.c you can define a probe set on the domain boundary and output the matching field. Examples will help you here also.

Best regards,

Yvan