Courant Number in NEPTUNE_CFD

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
fdecrecy

Courant Number in NEPTUNE_CFD

Post by fdecrecy »

Hello,

I perform a byphasic calculation on NEPTUNE_CFD v6 and I would like to retrieve Courant number to know minimum, average and various operations (maximum is given in the listing).

But I can't find the keyword to retrieve it (icour for Code_Saturne for example) and it doesn't appear in the setup.log file.

Hence my question: Is it possible to retrieve Courant number on NEPTUNE_CFD ? And if yes, how ?

Thank you very much for answer !

Best regards,
Florence
Chai

Re: Courant Number in NEPTUNE_CFD

Post by Chai »

Hi Florence,

The courant of fourier numbers were not handled as fields in neptune_cfd v6.0 (this is now done in v7), and the min/max were only computed on the fly during the time step evaluation process.
Hence if you wish to use any advanced postprocessing tools, you will have to compute the courant and/or fourier number using the "nc_user_extra_operations" function and store the results in a user array, which you can then use for volume postprocessing like any other field or property.

Moreover, for questions related specifically for the use of neptune_cfd, you should use the support e-maill address.

With Kind Regards,
fdecrecy

Re: Courant Number in NEPTUNE_CFD

Post by fdecrecy »

Hi Chai,

thank you very much for your answer. I apologize for the use of this forum for a Neptune_CFD issue. Next time, I will use support email adress.

Kind regards,
Florence