code_saturne restart

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Yvonne

code_saturne restart

Post by Yvonne »

Dear Yvan
Recently I was studying the CFD about tidal flow.
you know the tidal flow has different directions. I want to simulate twice cycle period. it means I should change the inlet boundary condition to the outlet boundary condition.

I don't know the code_saturne has the function to change the boundary criteria. if not, I want to use the "restart" function. when I turn on the restart, I can choose the last case result->checkpoint as the boundary conditions. And the same time, I would change the inlet as an outlet, an outlet to an inlet when I can think that the tidal flow has turned the directions. then run the case. can I consider that it is a hot start?

My English is so poor, if I didn't describe it clearly, please forgive me !Thank you for your help! :D

Best wish

Yvonne
Yvan Fournier

Re: code_saturne restart

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You cannot change the boundary type in the graphical user interface, but you can change it in user-defined functions using cs_user_boundary_conditions.f90 or (cs_user_boundary_conditions.c).

Using restarts as you suggest should be possible also if you only want to use the GUI.

Best regards,

Yvan
Yvonne

Post by Yvonne »

Dear Yvan.

I don't know if I've made myself clear or understood you, so I'd like to make sure.

It means I can't change the boundary conditions like the screenshot(attached the picture)

And I can set a boundary in the first simulation and then use the same mesh and physics parameters in "restart", just changing the boundary properties in the file cs_user_boundary_conditions.f90 ( Change nature inlet to outlet).

Many thanks for you!

Yvonne
Attachments
restart.png
first set.png
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, you can change the boundary condition types for a restart. At least I think it should work.
When in doubt, try it and check the results.

Regards,

Yvan
Yvonne

Post by Yvonne »

thank you so much . I will have a try