ALE implicit iterations

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
daniele

ALE implicit iterations

Post by daniele »

Hello,

In the frame of an ALE simulation, I use the cs_user_boundary_conditions-ale.f90 to impose a given displacement for the nodes of a wall.
The cs_user_boundary_conditions-ale.f90 is read once at the beginning of each time step. The code performs the time step, then jumps to the following one and reads the routine, and so on.
Do you know if it exists an instruction to provide to code_Saturne to iterate a given number (higher than 1) of iterations within the same time step (as it is done with the implicit iterations in the internal coupling module), before jumping to the following one?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Daniele
Yvan Fournier

Re: ALE implicit iterations

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello Daniele,

When you mention implicit iterations, are you referring to the "nterup" keyword ? I am not sure I understand. Do you need something similar for the mesh deformation ? Or do you want to update boundary conditions inside nterup sub-iterations ?

Best regards,

Yvan
daniele

Post by daniele »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. My "implicit" is from the mesh deformation point of view: instead of deforming the mesh just once per time step and then jumping to the following time step, I would like to iterate several mesh deformations within the same time step in order to achieve convergence between mesh deformation and fluid solution.
In my idea, the time step would be run several times, each time reading the cs_user_boundary_conditions-ale.f90 (my imposed displacement is based on the fluid force). I would like to do the same as it is done when "nalimx" is set higher than 1 in the "internal coupling" module.

I don't know if my explanation is clearer.
Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Daniele
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I do not believe there is an option for this. I will check with colleagues who worked on ALE, but I suspect this would require significant changes to the ALE algorithm.

Best regards,

Yvan