Stop to avoid exceeding time allocation on cluster system

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Stop to avoid exceeding time allocation on cluster system

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

No, simply running "make install" should be enough.

Do you still have the message about a time limit ? It is handled in the same file (cs_resource.c), so returning immediately should avoid it...

Best regards,

Yvan
Rodolphe

Post by Rodolphe »

Hello,

I did run "make install" after writing the return; at the beginning of the cs_resource_get_max_timestep function in the cs_resource.c file but the simulation still stops at 45 minutes. I even relaunch "./configure" followed by "make" and "make install" but then the simulation is again stopped at 45 minutes. There is no error displayed in the output file. I have only a message at the end of the listing file such as :

Code: Select all

========================================================
   ** Arrêt pour éviter de dépasser le temps alloué.
      ----------------------------------------------
      numéro de pas de temps maximal mis à : 49943
========================================================
You said in a previous post to add the return; at the armtps function too. I did not find this function, I just found it as an input for another function in the cs_resource.c file.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Rodolphe
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Actually, the armtps function in cs_resource.c is not an input, but the actual function (the CS_PROCF macros is an old macro used for C/Fortran calls prior to Fortran 2003 iso-c-bindings, used in more recent code).

So you can set a "return" there.

Best regards,

Yvan
Rodolphe

Post by Rodolphe »

Hello,

So during the last few days, I tried to add the "return;" at the beginning of the armtps and then launch "./configure" but an error occured due to this "return;". So I came back to the add a "return;" at the beginning of the "cs_resource_get_max_timestep" function. Then I relaunched the trio "./configure make make install". The simulations were still stopping at 45 minutes but the next day, I just launched a new simulation and since then all my simulations continue until the number of iterations wanted is reached (they do not stop at 45 minutes anymore).

I want to thank you a lot for your time and help Yvan !

Best regards,

Rodolphe