Cannot check mesh (preprocessor problem)

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Jundi He

Cannot check mesh (preprocessor problem)

Post by Jundi He »

Dear developers:

I am facing a problem that I have never met before when I tried to check mesh (the mesh format is .med), when I clicked "check mesh" or run the cs_preprocess program through terminal, it shows this error message:

/home/hejundi/code_saturne_4.0.6/libexec/code_saturne/cs_preprocess: error while loading shared libraries: libmedC.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It looks like library "libmedC.so" is not working. I have been using Code Saturne for several years and never met this problem, is there any clue? Thanks for your time!

Jundi
Yvan Fournier

Re: Cannot check mesh (preprocessor problem)

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Is this a new installation, or have you done some update on your system or changed you user environment ? In any case, v4 is not supported anymore, so I recommend swithching to v6.0 (as v5 will also be retired in a few months, as soon as v7 is released).

Regards,

Yvan
Jundi He

Re: Cannot check mesh (preprocessor problem)

Post by Jundi He »

Dear Yvan:

Thanks for the explanation, I found out the problem and solved it. When I installed Code Saturne 4.0.6, I linked some of the external library that relevant to the preprocessing to the Salome package. And I have updated Salome so that I deleted the old version, which is the one that Code Saturne linked to. I have now put it back and Code Saturne can run without error on libraries.

For the current project, we have developed some codes based on Code Saturne 4.0.6 and Syrthes, so we keep using that for now. For future projects, we are happy to move to newer versions of Code Saturne, thanks for the suggestions!

Regards!
Jundi