Import mesh from ICEM to Code_Saturne via CGNS

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Ruonan

Import mesh from ICEM to Code_Saturne via CGNS

Post by Ruonan »

Dear all,

Please could you help me with some confusions about import mesh from ICEM to Code_Saturne via CGNS format?

1. When export mesh from ICEM, I changed three options from default to: "Create default BC patches-Yes", "Entities to use for BC patch-Face elements", "Create Bar and Node elements-Yes", see the figure below. Is this correct?
export mesh from ICEM.png

2. When import mesh to Code_Saturne 6.0.5 via GUI, I changed two options "Add face groups" and "Add cell groups" from default "off" to "zone", see the figure below. Is this correct? What does the options "off, section, zone" here mean?
input mesh to saturne.png

Thank you very much for your help! :)

Best regards,
Ruonan
Yvan Fournier

Re: Import mesh from ICEM to Code_Saturne via CGNS

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Did you check the detailed documentation ? https://www.code-saturne.org/cms/sites/ ... tdesc_cgns

Your settings seem OK. Did you check/visualize the mesh import in code_saturne in "processeiing only" or "mesh quality only" mode (under mesh/execution mode) ?

Best regards,

Yvan
Ruonan

Post by Ruonan »

Hello Yvan,

Thanks for the link to CGNS documentation. I learned from that.

I selected "Mesh preprocessing only" under Mesh-Execution mode, ran preprocessing and got a preprocessor.log file (attached below). I found there are no errors in it. Perhaps my settings about meshes are OK.

Best regards,
Ruonan
Attachments
preprocessor.log
(7.14 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Did you visualize the generated post-processing mesh ? And check the zones appearing in the run_solver.log ?

That should tell you whether everything worked as expected.

Regards,

Yvan
Ruonan

Post by Ruonan »

Hello Yvan,

Thanks for your reply. I checked "surface with edges" of the results in paraview, which looks good. And the zones appeared in run_solver.log correctly. So I think the mesh importing worked well.

Best regards,
Ruonan