How to restart and to output average velocity

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Tsubasa

How to restart and to output average velocity

Post by Tsubasa »

Hello,

I use version 6.0.5.
There are 2 thing I need help.

First, I want to restart a simulaiton using restart file. At the morment, caluculation is done untill 4000 step, and I hope that next simulation will be started from 4000 step to 8000 step. However, looking at "checkpoint" directry from "Start/Restart" in GUI as following,
Untitled.png
I cannot find restart files or somthing. To restart calculation, is there something to set before starting first(not restart) simulaiton?

Second, I wanto to outpot "average velocity", which is estimated by velocity value after 4000 step. To do this, I set "Time averages" in GUI as following
aa.png
Is this right? What is difference between "automatic" and "reset" in "Restat" tab?
Yvan Fournier

Re: How to restart and to output average velocity

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

For restart, you simply need to select the directory, not individual files. This may not be clear, as it is not easy to configure the dialog box to stop at the directory level, but if you press OK at the level you have on your screenshot it should be ok. You do not need to do anything specific in the first computation

For time averages, automatic means an average is saved across computation restarts, and only reset if not available for the requested configuration in the checkpoint files. Reset means the average are reset to zero at each restart.

Best regards,

Yvan
Tsubasa

Re: How to restart and to output average velocity

Post by Tsubasa »

Hello Yvan,

I understood.
Thanks a lot.
Tsubasa