Can I use the results of a previous simulation as the initial condition of a new simulation?

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Mohammad

Can I use the results of a previous simulation as the initial condition of a new simulation?

Post by Mohammad »

Hello,

I'm simulating turbulent flow over a 3D airfoil. I need to run the simulation for 3 different meshes and maybe different models, too. In some articles, they claimed that they used the previous mesh simulation results as the initial condition for the new simulation in order to reduce the computation time.

Is it possible to set the flow field of a previous simulation (with or without different mesh) as the initial field of the new simulation in Code_Saturne 5.0.2?

Thanks for your great support.

Regards,

Mohammad
Yvan Fournier

Re: Can I use the results of a previous simulation as the initial condition of a new simulation?

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This feature does not exist in code_saturne 5.0, but it is available in version 6.0.

Regards,

Yvan
Mohammad

Re: Can I use the results of a previous simulation as the initial condition of a new simulation?

Post by Mohammad »

Hello,

Thank you!
Is there any document of how to do this in Code_Saturne 6.0? I wanna check if it is straightforward, then I will consider to update to Code_Saturne 6.0.

Regards,

Mohammad
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

There is no document except release notes and user meeting presentations, but it is available using the graphical interface.

Regards,

Yvan