Cell centered results and paraview display

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Marsang

Cell centered results and paraview display

Post by Marsang »

Hello !

I know Code-Saturne calculates values at cell center.
I want to display smoother results because Paraview displays one colour per cell and not an interpolated result.
I have already used ExctractBlock and CellDatatoPointData filters in Paraview but I am not convinced by results.
I searched the option "Separate mesh" in Code-Saturne 5.0.4 but I did not find this option too.

If you know an other method to "smooth" results, I will be glad.

Thank you
Yvan Fournier

Re: Cell centered results and paraview display

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The "separate mesh" option allows writing 2 different files for the volume and boundary, so you do not need to use "extract block" under ParaView.

The "cell data to point data" is completely different, and redistributes data from cells to points. I did not check recently,bt last time I checked the ParaView sources, it seems this simply uses and unweighted average.

I do not know of a better option. In code_saturne itself, it would be possible to write a more precise version, using first-order Taylor expansions based on computed gradients, so that the boundary conditions would be taken into account (wile "cell data to point data" will give you something similar to homogeneous Neumann), but right now, there is nothing better than "cell data to point data" which is readily available (though the solution I mention above could be coded in a user-defined function).

Best regards,

Yvan
Marsang

Re: Cell centered results and paraview display

Post by Marsang »

Thank you Yvan !

I will settle for your advices !

Best regards