Modeling Liquid Flow Driven by Gas Bubbles

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
kkumar20

Modeling Liquid Flow Driven by Gas Bubbles

Post by kkumar20 »

Dear All,

I need to model the flow in a rectangular tank driven by gas injection from the bottom. The tank contains water which is agitated by injecting air through 2 or 3 small inlets at the tank's bottom. The water is initially at rest and flow in the tank is entirely induced by the movement of the gas bubbles. I was thinking that this can be done in Code_Saturne by using the particle tracking module and solving the flow in unsteady mode with two-way coupling between the continuous phase and particles activated. The bubbles can be specified as small particles of 1-2 mm dia. However I haven't found a way to prescribe the particle characteristics (size, density etc.) in the code. Can Code_Saturne solve this problem? Can anyone give me some hints to prepare the set up files.

Thank you,

kumar
Yvan Fournier

Re: Modeling Liquid Flow Driven by Gas Bubbles

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This is usually the type of thing for which Eulerian models may already be available in neptune_cfd, though that is not open source.

For the Lagrangian module, you can specify particle characteristics for each Lagrangian injection (inlets in the GUI, inlet and volume in user sources). If the bubble size does not change, that should be enough. If bubble sizes change, you may have more complex behaviors to program in the Lagrangian part.

Regards,

Yvan