Code Saturne tutorial:simple junction

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
xsh

Code Saturne tutorial:simple junction

Post by xsh »

I follow the PDF tutorial "code Saturn version 5.0 tutorial:Simple junction "to practice, but I encountered a little trouble when I went to this step. The tutorial let me choose “SIMPLE” algorithm in the" Velocity_Pressure algorithm "option.
2020-05-06 23-18-00屏幕截图.png
but my code_saturne interface does not have this option. My software is version 6.0.2. What should I do?
2020-05-06 23-18-44屏幕截图.png
Yvan Fournier

Re: Code Saturne tutorial:simple junction

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The GUI has been slightly reorganized, and the option you are looking for is now under time stepping.
Still, for a tutorial, it is better to try to follow the presentation order of the GUI rather than try to do things exactly in the same way.

Regards,

Yvan
Quentin01

Post by Quentin01 »

Hello,

I am reopening this topic but this time with the code_saturne v7 software (and current v6 simple junction tutorial).

The problem is located at the Time Settings tutorial stage. There is no Steady (constant relaxation coefficient) option available thus I cannot choose SIMPLE algorithm. Does anybody have an idea why this time step option is now unavailable in this new code saturne version ?

Thank you in advance,

Quentin01
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This option was not very stable in most cases, so is deprecated (it is still available without the GUI, but will probably be removed in a future version).

You can simply choose "pseudo-steady" instead. And yes, we need to update the tutorials...

Best regards,

Yvan
Quentin01

Post by Quentin01 »

Thank you Yvan for your reply.

How and where do we select the Pseudo Steady option ? I can't find this option or an equivalent even in the practical user's guide.
Do you know where I can I find such option ?

Thank you in advance,
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

It is available in the GUI, in the time settings. Why do you use the tutorial for v5.0 when there is a tutorial for v6.0 on the web site ?

Regards,

Yvan
Quentin01

Post by Quentin01 »

Yvan Fournier wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:25 am Hello,

It is available in the GUI, in the time settings. Why do you use the tutorial for v5.0 when there is a tutorial for v6.0 on the web site ?

Regards,

Yvan
Thank you for your reply. As mentioned above I do work with code_Saturne V7 and tutorial v6. Unfortunately there is no such option available in the v7 GUI.

Thank you in advance
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You initially mentioned the v5 tutorial. In v7 compared to v6, you do not have the "steady" options but have "steady (local time step)" option available in the same place.

Regards,

Yvan
Quentin01

Post by Quentin01 »

Thank you for your reply.
I am not the person who created the topic. I just reopened the subject because I faced a problem in this tutorial.