Can code-saturne run on ARM-based servers?

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
xsh

Can code-saturne run on ARM-based servers?

Post by xsh »

We need to run CODE_SATURNE on an ARM-based server. Do we need to modify CODE_SATURNE source code? If so, where do we need to modify it?
Yvan Fournier

Re: Can code-saturne run on ARM-based servers?

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This post should be in "installation", not "general usage".

In theory the code is portable, and all architecture-specific code is encapsulated in conditionally compiled sections, so yous should not need to modify the code. What compiler are you expecting to use ? Which code version ?

Regards,

Yvan
xsh

Post by xsh »

Yvan Fournier wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:32 am Hello,

This post should be in "installation", not "general usage".

In theory the code is portable, and all architecture-specific code is encapsulated in conditionally compiled sections, so yous should not need to modify the code. What compiler are you expecting to use ? Which code version ?

Regards,

Yvan
Sorry, thank you for your reminder, I am using this forum for the first time, and if I post later, I will classify it correctly.
I have no idea yet about the compiler and the code version used. Do you have any suggestions for how I want my code to run on an ARM-baesd server?
Regards.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

No, I do not have any specific recommendations. I would start with the classics like gcc, possibly trying another compiler if the vendor recommends something specif.

Regarding MPI, is your machine a cluster (in which case there is probably at least one recommended MPI library), or a simple server (in whic case either MPICH or Open MPI will do fine) ?

Regards,

Yvan