Combustion scheme and chemical reaction

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Cbarnaud

Combustion scheme and chemical reaction

Post by Cbarnaud »

Hello everyone,

I've a question for you about chemistry and 'home-made' schemes.
I'ms trying to create my own scheme, with a particular reaction with an infinitively fast chemistry. After equilibration my reaction is :
(H2 + 6.64 O2 + 0.28 O2 +1.31 N2) +3.82 O2 <--> 6.92 CO2 + H2O + 1.31 N2
The species between parenthesis represent my Fuel and its composition, which is burning with only O2.I've created a "2.5D" case with 2 inlets and 1 outlet to test it. I found few schemes 3points and I tested them, they are working.
I've created my scheme but I don't know where I made a mistake, It's not working. My chemical reaction stay wrong and it seems I can't change anything, else an error about the conservation of species happend.

--- Chemical reaction:
H2O + 1.000 (H2 + 0.280 CO2 + 1.310 N2 + 6.640 CO) --> 6.920 CO2 + 1.000 H2O + 1.310 N2

O2 isn't present in this reaction, isn't is strange ? It have been replaced by H2O... If someone see the mistake I made, he/she will be my savior ! I spend few days on it...

I've linked my setup file, listing file and scheme file to give you more informations.
Thank you a lot for you time,
Best regards,
Camille.
Attachments
dp_C3P_03.txt
(570 Bytes) Downloaded 138 times
setup.xml
(10.42 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
listing.txt
(41.31 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Combustion scheme and chemical reaction

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I am not too familiar with the gas combustion models. To test the reaction itself, working on an extremely small mesh, possibly with zero or a very small inlet velocity (an an outlet just to avoid incompressibility issues) so you can check balances would seem to be a good option (having all the species in requested quantities in the initialization, and doing a time step to go from initial condition to combustion results)

Updating to the latest bug-fix release (v 5.0.11) or better to v6.0 would also be recommended.

And running the code in debug mode to analyze the reaction in more detail would of course be better (I am not familiar enough with that part of the code to tell you where to look, but can try to get the info).

Regards,

Yvan