How to get surface characteristics in function of the position ?

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
JeremyA

How to get surface characteristics in function of the position ?

Post by JeremyA »

Hello,

I would like to know how I can access surface characteristics in function of the position of cells (Temperature, y+, ...)

My problem is simple : I have a domain (2D axisymmetrie), and I impose a heat flux on one surface
I would like to know surface temperature of the boundary wall along the length

I try to see it with Paraview (in Salome CFD), but I can't treat datas correctly because it is organized in function of cell numbers

What the best solution considering Code-Saturne & Paraview ?

Thank you very much

Jeremy
Yvan Fournier

Re: How to get surface characteristics in function of the position ?

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You can check the "Special fields and activate some automatic post-processings" section in https://www.code-saturne.org/cms/sites/ ... eters.html.

Actually, most of those boundary fields can also be activated using the "Postprocessing/Surface solution control" section of the GUI.

Regards,

Yvan
JeremyA

Post by JeremyA »

And how I can get access to these post-processing datas in the form of csv file for example ?

Like I said, I can access these datas with Paraview, with for example surface colors in the Render view, or in function of the boundary-id or cell number in the spreadsheet.

However, I would like to have these temperatures (or other parameter from Surface Solution Control : y+, ...) in function of the position XYZ, and not cell number
Plot over line can't work for Boundary surface in Paraview

What is the easiest way to do so ?

Best regards

Jeremy
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The easiest to do would be to use the "cell centers" filter under ParaView to compute the face centers of the selected boundary faces (so as to have them available), then open a "Spreadsheet View" under Paraview (same place as where you add views, small tabs to the middle right). You then have the option of exporting the spreadsheet.

Best regards,

Yvan
JeremyA

Post by JeremyA »

Hello Yvan,

It 's a nice idea

Thank you very much !

Jeremy