Periodicity and scalars LES

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
marciafof

Re: Periodicity and scalars LES

Post by marciafof »

Hello Yvan,
My colleague ran a debugger and the problem was a post processing variable that was included in the list of variables for the creation of profiles. When using the GUI this issue was not signaled and you could only see it when opening the setup.xml file with a text editor.

The coupled simulation now runs completely however I have encountered another issue with my scalar parametrization. I used the cs_user_mass_source_terms.f90 to select rows of cells and add a scalar emission. I have used a similar example before and had no problem. Instead of having cells emitting scalars along the center of the domain for some reason they are located at the first row [img][\
problemscalar.png
]. I have no other initialization parameter neither. Could you please check this problem? Would you need me to send you the complete case?

Thanks in advance,

Marcia
Attachments
SCALAR.zip
(73.93 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
FLOW.zip
(72.8 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Periodicity and scalars LES

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback on the extra element for the profiles. I had encountered this once before but it seems we have not made the code robust in this regards yet....

For the other issue you have, I would indeed be interested in the full test case, but if you have a smaller version of the mesh, it would be even better. I suspect that the indirection for mass source terms is not taken into account here, or overwritten (explaining why the source terms are not added in the correct place), but testing it on the same case would be simpler.

In the meantime, if you can print the values of icetsm (or at least the first 10 values) in the second and different passes of cs_user_mass_source_terms.f90, it might help to confirm this.

Best regards,

Yvan