dc electric arc

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
sylvant

dc electric arc

Post by sylvant »

Hello everyone. I am new with code_saturne and working on dc electric arc now. I have done a lot of research but still don't understand how to set boundary conditions correctly. :cry: I will very appreciate it if someone can generously sent me a simple example case of dc electric arc for reference or give me some practical advice on how to write codes of boundary conditions setting.
Here are the example images of the mesh and boundary conditions used in my simulation.
Attachments
233.PNG
231.PNG
(5.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
232.PNG
Yvan Fournier

Re: dc electric arc

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I can find a test case, but the first step would be to define boundary zones on your mesh for each of the zones described here.

Do you have an initial setup (xml file from the GUI) from your first tries ?

Regards,

Yvan
sylvant

Post by sylvant »

Hello, Yvan.
I have set relevant boundary conditions on the mesh and then on the GUI., but it didn't work. The simulation result was not what I want. Then I searched on the forum and someone said that boundary conditions can be set with .F90 files. Sadly I basically know nothing about Fortran. :cry:So it's difficult for me to write codes.
Also I think there's might be something wrong with my model's initiation. I did all the setting with GUI. Will that be enough? Or I have to do something with initiation.F90 file?

Regards.

Tian
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You can find example electric arcs boundary conditions files in the SRC/EXAMPLES file of your case, but I recommend using the GUI to the maximum (you can combine the 2, using the GUI for most definitions, including most boundary zones). There s also an optional C routine for another part of the BC, so I do not recommend this.

If the results are not what you expected, there can be multiple reasons, so, detailing the problems here will be more useful than switch to user subroutines.

Best regards,

Yvan