Contour plot at (almost) each time step

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
roberto.bernetti

Contour plot at (almost) each time step

Post by roberto.bernetti »

Hi
would anyone point to the information on how to set, using the GUI, the output to get an animation of the solution with paraview (contour at each, almost, time step), for an unsteady Thermo-physical analysis?
Saluti
Roberto
Yvan Fournier

Re: Contour plot at (almost) each time step

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Using only the GUI, the best solution is to use ParaView Catalyst for this: based on an initial computation on a few time steps and the same (or a coarser version of) the mesh, you can export a Catalyst Python script from ParaView.

Then place that file in the DATA subfolder of your case directory, and in the Code_Saturne GUI, define an output writer with the same name (except.py) as the Catalyst script. Depending on the version of ParaView, you may need to name the pipeline in a special way or not. Which version are you using ?

This assumes you installed Code_Saturne with Catalyst support. If you are using a Salome_CFD distribution, this is automatically the case.

Regards,

Yvan
roberto.bernetti

Yvan Fournier wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 pm Hello,
This assumes you installed Code_Saturne with Catalyst support. If you are using a Salome_CFD distribution, this is automatically the case.
I'm using a windows version of Code_Saturne, is there any way to verify the presence of the Catalyst support?
I'm able to postprocessing the result with the windows version of paraview
Saluti
Roberto
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Given the situation of Code_Saturne on windows (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2034), if you are using the Windows binary installer (and not a version compiled on the Linux subsystem for Windows, which would behave as Linux in this case), I can guarantee you do not have Catalyst support :-(

The Windows builds are quite limited as they have no assigned maintainer...

Best regards,

Yvan
roberto.bernetti

Thank you for the quick reply
Yvan Fournier wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:49 pm Hello,

Given the situation of Code_Saturne on windows (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2034), if you are using the Windows binary installer (and not a version compiled on the Linux subsystem for Windows, which would behave as Linux in this case), .....
Do you mean, for "Linux subsystem of windows*, the Mingw projecy? For the compilation of the GUI is the Mingw compiler enough or it is necessary to have the license of a MS compiler?
I should be obliged if you would point me to the information for a compilation, of the kind you suggested in the above post.
Saluti
Roberto
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

No, I am talking about the WSL (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... tall-win10), which is more similar to a standard Linux system than Mingw and allows using a distribution such as Ubuntu or Debian rather than Cygwin, which is better supported by some libraries we use (see the link in my previous post for more detailed description of the issues we have with Mingw, which is not supported anymore by some libraries such as HDF5).

If you are under Windows 7 and not 10, than Cygwin (the full Cygwin, not Mingw) might be a solution, though it has not been tried recently.

Regards,

Yvan