RANS/LES Simulation

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
marciafof

RANS/LES Simulation

Post by marciafof »

Hello,

I am a PhD student in the atmospheric field and I am a débutant in CS.
I am trying to launch a LES simulation (LES Smagorinsky) using my RANS results for the turbulence initialisation but the documentation is limited and not clear. I have used the atmospheric model for my RANS simulations (neutral case) with periodic conditions and the mesh is the same for both cases.
What I have tried so far is to launch a "restart" from my RANS simulation but I keep getting the error "OPTIONS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH TIME DICRETISATION SCHEME" .
I should also add that I would like to use periodic conditions for the LES case. Also, it is not clear if I need to use the cs_user_les_inflow-base.f90 since this is use with the synthetic eddy method initialisation.

I have added the listing and the setup files for my case.
Thanks in advance, any clue is welcome!

Marcia
Attachments
listing.txt
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
setup.xml
(13.89 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: RANS/LES Simulation

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I do not see why this sort of restart is incompatible, though it might not be very useful since you need several runs through the fluid domain for statistics, and a few runs before that for a good initialization. So you will probably only save 10 or 20 percent of computational time.

In any case, I recommend using a maintained version of Code_Saturne, not a retired one, as we do not do debugging on retired versions in normal circumstances.

Best regards,

Yvan