how to define radiation properties of an interface

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Laurent Bertrand

how to define radiation properties of an interface

Post by Laurent Bertrand »

Hello everyone,

I would like to define the emissivity of an interface when I am doing fluid/solid heat transfer simulation within Code Saturne. Someone could tell me if it possible in CS 6.0? Otherwise, is it possible to have the name of this varaible?

Best regards.

Laurent
Yvan Fournier

Re: how to define radiation properties of an interface

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Are you running an internal coupling case or just coupling with a simple boundary condition ?

In the latter case, you can do it direclty in the GUI. For internal coupling, you can set the emisssivity defining boundary conditions in the GUI the same way, but I am not sure the functionality is compaible with radiation yet. We have reviewed the code to check if it is compatible, and we probably need minor adjustments. Testing by external users is encouraged, but we will probably need minor adjustments. In any case I hope to have this feature working when we release 6.0 final, so feedback and/or testing is welcome.

Best regards,

Yvan
Laurent Bertrand

Yvan,

So, I have observed that CS6.0 will be available in few. Also, I have seen "Examples of data settings for radiative transfers".

Could you please tell me how to use this new function in the example that Luciano send me before in topic: How to simulate the thermal transfer in solid directly in Code Satune:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2310&p=13035#p12684

I am still a little lost on the way to define the radiative propoerties in the inside wall as shown in:
https://www.code-saturne.org/cms/sites/ ... nsfer.html

Best regards
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I am not quite sure where to add the required minor modification to the code yet. A colleague has started testing this very recently, so I hope we have a working example within a month or so (for v6.0), and I will keep you updated.

Best regards,

Yvan
Laurent Bertrand

Hello Yvan,

Do you have some news about this improvment in CS 6.3?

Best regards
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

We did not have time to do it for 6.3, but still hope to do it in 7.0.

Best regards,

Yvan