LES inlet boundry conditions

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
zghlfg52

LES inlet boundry conditions

Post by zghlfg52 »

Hello,

I would like to simulate flow in a Mixing Tee, following the tutorial on code_saturne's website:
http://code-saturne.org/cms/sites/defau ... ng_Tee.pdf

Now for the part of LES simulation, I would like to use the Synthetic Eddy Method for the inlet boundary condition.
In the tutorial, it uses user subroutine to specify User Boundary Conditions, User physical properties & LES inflow boundary conditions, but in the GUI you can also specify boundary conditions(velocity & temperature in this tutorial) and physical properties(i.e. density, viscosity).

So my question is, if I use the Synthetic Eddy Method, does it mean that I can't use GUI to specify the boundary conditions and physical properties above?

Thank you in advance!

Yann
Yvan Fournier

Re: LES inlet boundry conditions

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You can mix boundary condition definitions in the GUI and user subroutines (with user subroutines being called after the GUI-based settings and thus having the last word).

The recommended option here is to use the GUI, and also use the user subroutine, only for the synthetic turbulence inlet part. This makes the user subroutine shorter and simpler. We would need to add the synthetic turbulence inlet option to the GUI in the future...

Best regards,

Yvan