Boundary Condition Error

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
tommyles

Boundary Condition Error

Post by tommyles »

Dear Forum,

I have a produced a large hybrid mesh using ICEM CFD where the meshed faces which boundary conditions are applied to are selected by their association to a surface. This results in a few surfaces being missed out and therefore no boundary condition being applied.

This results in the following error from code saturne :
"First face with boundary condition definition error
(out of 11)
has boundary condition type 0, center (2.33222e-310, 1.08375e-312, 2.47033e-323)
"
An error case is produced and I am able to locate some but not all of the elements. If there anyway to simply ignore these shell elements ? Is it possible to apply a smooth wall boundary condition to these elements ? ie any surface elements with a BC type of zero automatically apply smooth wall.

I would appreciate your help on this.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Boundary Condition Error

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You simply need to adapt the search criteria for the matching zone when defining boundary conditions. You can check the sysntax in the user documentation pdf (we need to move it to Doxygen, but it is stil in the pdf), but in your case, the
"no_group[]" criteria (belonging to no given group) is probably the best option (check the preprocessor log also for group names, in case there is a group but it has the wrong name).

We probably will add a "default" BC type in the future, but this is not done yet (except in the new CDO portions of the code, which are a work in progress).

Best regards,

Yvan
tommyles

Re: Boundary Condition Error

Post by tommyles »

Hello Yvan,

Yes thank you for this solution I used the not[x+y+z ect] selection criteria in the boundary conditions on the gui to fix this. Running well now.

Cheers,