Interpolate results onto a different mesh

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
kchinembiri

Re: Interpolate results onto a different mesh

Post by kchinembiri »

Hi Yvan,

I have attached the compile.log. I had taken off all user sources and was testing on just the example subroutine (cs_user_boundary_conditions-medcoupling_remapper_2d.c). I have attached it aswell.

Thank you for your time & regards,

Kenneth
Attachments
compile_log-2d_remapper.tar.gz
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This really seems to be related to an installation issue, but your config.log seems OK.

Checking our Makefiles, it seems the requisite files are installed on if the parallel features of MEDCoupling are available (which is not the case when using MEDCoupling from a Salome build). I have not checked on version 5.2, so it might work (it was done in a slightly different manner) though I am not sure.

I am fixing this in "master" and "5.3" branches, and will keep you updated. Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for the bug.

Best regards,

Yvan
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This will be fixed in the next 5.3 and 6.0-beta versions, but in the meantime, you can utar the attached file in your sources (to pach m4/cs_medcoupling.m4, src/base/Makefile.am, and src/base/Makefile.in), then re-run your installation. I also recommend using the --disable-medcoupling-as-plugin configre option, because I fear that without this option, the MEDCoupling plugin may need to be loaded manually (I'll check/improve this in the future, or possibly remove the plugin features).

Best regards,

Yvan
kchinembiri

Post by kchinembiri »

Hello Yvan,

I think you forgot to attach the file containing the patch. Additionally, I will also keep a lookout for the next version releases. I appreciate the time you took to help me.

Thank you again & regards

Kenneth
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, here it is.

Best regrds,

Yvan
Attachments
patch.tar.gz
(18.87 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Ioannis Bagkeris

Post by Ioannis Bagkeris »

Hi,

I am studying with LES a mixing application and I have a similar problem with Kenneth: I want to slightly refine the mesh at a certain region and restart from the solution of the previous mesh.

Is the “restart from a different mesh” feature included in v6.0-beta? I tried it with a small simple case but I got the error prompted with previous versions: INCONSISTANT RESTART AND CHECKPOINT DATA the number of cells has changed

Thank you and regards,
Ioannis
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, it should work in v6.0-beta.

When you select the mesh_input for the "restart from a different mesh", which mesh did you select ? You need to select the mesh_input or mesh_output matching the checkpoint, not the current computation.

Best regards,

Yvan
Ioannis Bagkeris

Post by Ioannis Bagkeris »

Hi Yvan,

Many thanks for your reply. I used the mesh_input for the new mesh, not the one matching the checkpoint. If I use the mesh_input matching the checkpoint, where do I define the new mesh for the current computation? (please note that I am using the cs_user_scripts.py to define mesh and restart)

Best wishes,
Ioannis
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

For cs_user_scripts.py, you define the current mesh in the same place as you usually do ("mesh_input"). It is the mesh matching the checkpoint which needs and additional member, which is named "restart_mesh_input".

The examples in the cs_user_scripts.py might not be up to date, but I really recommend using the GUI, unless you are calling the code from a script with broader scope.

Regards,

Yvan