About Syrthes installation

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Jundi He

About Syrthes installation

Post by Jundi He »

Hi Code Saturne team:

I can't find a Syrthes forum so I just ask my question here, very basic question about the installation of the software Syrthes. I've modified the file setup.ini, then run the syrthes_install.py, then I set up a simple solid simulation, and run from the GUI, then it crash, saying that there is no MPI library, this is the setup.ini and the crash information, could anyone give some suggestions? Thanks for the time.

Regards!
Jundi
Attachments
setup.ini
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Screenshot from 2019-01-04 16-22-31.png
Yvan Fournier

Re: About Syrthes installation

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Since you posted in the "general usage" section of this forum and not the "syrthes related questions", I will suggest a solution based on Code_Saturne only, which is to use the internal coupling option for conjugate heat transfer. It is not available in the graphical interface yet but you can check examples in the Doxygen documentation. We will try to present this option in the GUI in a few weeks.

Regards,

Yvan
Wingfield

Post by Wingfield »

Yvan Fournier wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm Hello,

Since you posted in the "general usage" section of this forum and not the "syrthes related questions", I will suggest a solution based on Code_Saturne only, which is to use the internal coupling option for conjugate heat transfer. It is not available in the graphical interface yet but you can check examples in the Doxygen documentation. We will try to present this option in the GUI in a few weeks.

Regards,

Yvan
Hi Yvan, is there a simpler way to accomplish this besides the solution based on Code_Saturne only?
Last edited by Wingfield on Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jundi He

Post by Jundi He »

Hi Yvan:

It's better to solve the issue based on Syrthes, because a lot of my calculation scripts are based on Syrthes, and I've been using Syrthes on HPCs and desktops for long time in this project. This installation problem appears on a latest purchased work station (Linux Ubuntu 16.04). Where can I ask for help if I need help in Syrthes installation? Thanks a lot.

Regards!
Jundi
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Then you can simply use the Syrthes section of this forum. But I still recommend using Code_Saturne, or managing your Syrthes installation on your own, because your chances of getting answers on that section are lower (i.e. the Syrthes developers do not use it, so you can only get help from regular users).

Regards,

Yvan
Jundi He

Post by Jundi He »

Hi Yvan:

OK, thanks for the suggestions.

Regards!
Jundi
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

Hello,

With the version Code Saturne V6.0 is there now a possibility to compute conjugate heat transfer without Syrthes with the GUI of CS? (declaring solid domain, fluid domain etc)

Best regards

Julien
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This is possible (as long as you do not need to combine this with radiative transfer, which should be in 6.1 or 6.2), but not yet with the GUI.

Best regards,

Yvan