Anason tutorial - Particle Dispersion in a Turbulent Pipe Flow - example files

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
stichko

Anason tutorial - Particle Dispersion in a Turbulent Pipe Flow - example files

Post by stichko »

Hello,

I am setting up a simulation model as described in the provided CS tutorial "Particle Dispersion in a Turbulent Pipe Flow - Arnason test case". According to the tutorial text the parabolic velocity inlet boundary condition must be defined through the file "cs_user_boundary_conditions.f90". A customized version of this file, already adapted/modified for this tutorial, should be available according to the text of this tutorial. Where can I find this file? It is not included in the examples folder of the downloaded CS-tar file. I am not a CS and Fortran expert (yet), so this would help me to complete the set-up of this model and run the simulation.

Many thanks for any help!
Yvan Fournier

Re: Anason tutorial - Particle Dispersion in a Turbulent Pipe Flow - example files

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I attach the latest setup (tutorial solution) here.

Regards,

Yvan
Attachments
Mesh_ARNASON.zip
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 229 times
06_Lagrangian_Particles.tar.gz
(10.21 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
stichko

Re: Anason tutorial - Particle Dispersion in a Turbulent Pipe Flow - example files

Post by stichko »

Dear Ivan,

Many thanks for your quick help!!!

Kind regards,

Serge
roberto.bernetti

Post by roberto.bernetti »

Yvan Fournier wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:06 am Hello,

I attach the latest setup (tutorial solution) here.

Regards,

Yvan
I'm Trying to run this example using code_saturne 5.0 getting the following error:

Code: Select all

Reading mesh from file in MED (EDF/CEA) format
----------------------
  Mesh file: C:/DATI/FEM/Saturne/06_Lagrangian_Particles/MESH\Mesh_ARNASON.med

../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/misc/MEDversionedApi3C.c [50] : Cette bibliothèque MED n'est pas capable de lire un fichier MED dont le mineur de la version excède celui de la bibliothèque.
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/misc/MEDversionedApi3C.c [51] : La version demandée est :
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/misc/MEDversionedApi3C.c [51] : _fversionMMR = 331
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/misc/MEDversionedApi3C.c [116] : Impossible d'obtenir une implémentation de : 
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/misc/MEDversionedApi3C.c [117] : key = "_MEDmeshInfoByName"
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/misc/MEDversionedApi3C.c [118] : en version :
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/misc/MEDversionedApi3C.c [119] : _fversionMMR = 331
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/misc/MEDversionedApi3C.c [120] : Vérifiez votre fichier .med
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/ci/MEDmeshInfo.c [83] : Erreur d'appel de l'API 
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/ci/MEDmeshInfo.c [83] : du maillage 
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/ci/MEDmeshInfo.c [84] : meshname = "inlet_mesh"
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/ci/MEDmeshInfo.c [84] : _meshpath = "/ENS_MAA/inlet_mesh"
../../../../src/med-3.2.0/src/ci/MEDmeshInfo.c [84] : "MEDmeshInfoByName" = "MEDmeshInfoByName"
Saluti
Roberto
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Which version of MED are you using ? Your library is probably too old compared to the one used to write the mesh.
If you are using Salome for the prerequisites, version 8.5 (with MED 3.3) should be OK.

Also, with Salome 9.2, you can import the mesh an export it in the older 3.2 version, if you just want to modify the mes hand not reinstall.

Best regards,

Yvan
roberto.bernetti

I'm not using salome for the moment, I'd run the tutorial using the mesh file attached in this post, I thought it was fine to use it.
So if I got it, is the code_saturne 5.0 that requires an older version of MED? Is available a mesh for the tutorial?
Saluti
Roberto
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello

No, you can compile Code_Saturne 5.0 with any version of MED from 3.1 to 4.0, but you need to update your MED library and reinstall the code.

Attached is a version converted back to MED 3.2 format (using Salome 4; I have not tested this feature before).

Best regards,

Yvan
Attachments
Mesh_ARNASON.med.gz
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 203 times
roberto.bernetti

Thank you very much
Saluti
Roberto
roberto.bernetti

Yvan Fournier wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:05 pm .....
Attached is a version converted back to MED 3.2 format (using Salome 4; I have not tested this feature before).

Best regards,

Yvan
It worked, then I compared the flow results with the a different mesh, in the meantime Igenerated with Gmsh and I got comparable results.
Now I would run the two-phase flow using the mesh I generated by Gmsh.
I guess I have to group the cells along the Z axis in a set named "injection".
Is that right?
Saluti
Roberto
roberto.bernetti

I run the windows binary downloaded from the download section of the site https://www.code-saturne.org/cms/Production-version-50.

I cannot find in the doxygen documentation reference to the

cs_user_lagr_volume_conditions
and reference to the function

cs_user_lagr_in
seems to be not phased.
Saluti
Roberto