About adding boundary layer to the mesh

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Jundi He

About adding boundary layer to the mesh

Post by Jundi He »

Hi Code Saturne team:

I've got an issue about my mesh, in the red circle position, the division of the mesh changed by using triangles. But the y plus value in this location has a step change, the best way to avoid this is to add a boundary layer in this location, do Code Saturne 5 has this function, to add a few layers of mesh at the wall, to make sure there is no step change of y plus values at the wall.

Regards!
Jundi
Screenshot from 2018-10-24 16-19-00.png
Luciano Garelli

Re: About adding boundary layer to the mesh

Post by Luciano Garelli »

Hello,

I think that this feature is available at the master branch or the 5.2.0 version of the code as I read in the NEWS file. Why not to do it in Salome with the same strategy as the left boundary of the mesh?

Regards,

Luciano
Jundi He

Post by Jundi He »

Hi Luciano Garelli:

For the left part, it's the ribs, this is a top view of the channel, so the ribs are not shown. If I use Code Saturne 5.2.0, can the code generate a boundary layer near the wall? Thanks!

Regards!
Jundi
Luciano Garelli

Hello,

I just read in the NEWS file of the master branch this
"Added boundary layer insertion at selected faces, using a mesh deformation (CDO vertex-based), followed by boundary layer extrusion.". I have no test this feature. You can download CS from the master branch and test it.

Why not use Salome?

Regards,

Luciano
Jundi He

Post by Jundi He »

Hi Luciano Garelli:

We have install Code Saturne 5.2.1, but we can't see any option to add a additional boundary layer to the wall, could you simply show us how to do it? Many thanks!

Regards!
Jundi
Luciano Garelli

Hello,

I have not used this feature, but searching in the source code I found the file cs_user_mesh-modify.c file inside of the example directory.

Inside of this file there is an example "Insert boundary layers on selected zones.", I think that this example can help you.

Regards,

Luciano