Exporting of 1D Profiles

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Ccaccia73

Exporting of 1D Profiles

Post by Ccaccia73 »

Hi,
I am trying to extract the pressure and velocity profile on a 1D line using Code Saturne 5.0.9. To do this I am using the GUI, and I have inserted a code very close to the example given: x = x0*s + x1*(1-s) and likewise for the other coordinates.
My line goes backwards approximately along z (from 1.7 to 0.016). An example is attached. My question regards the first column of the profile: why is the column labeled as 's' going from approximately 0 to 1.68? I thought that s should be bound between 0 and 1, to make sense. While there are some fluctuations in coordinates x and y in my file (I think that it is due to closest cells) z coordinate seems correct for all the 200 points, while 's' reaches 1 much earlier.
Should I consider my results correct?
Thank you
Claudio
Attachments
profile1_0400.csv
(21.93 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Ccaccia73

Re: Exporting of 1D Profiles

Post by Ccaccia73 »

Oh, no, I'm sorry.
It should be the arc length.
zeph67

Post by zeph67 »

Hi,

I'm encountering a similar problem. I'm trying to export profiles along a given vertical line (constant x and z, while y is varying).

In the GUI, I set formulae as in the given example, using the s parameter to make y vary.

But :
- I do not obtain the number of points that I asked for ; instead of 200, I get 69 points.
- s does not vary between 0 and 1.

I guess I missed some specification, probably about s. How could I fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Christophe
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Which version of the code are you using ?

Regards,

Yvan
zeph67

Post by zeph67 »

Hello Yvan,

I'm using version 6.0.6
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

With version 6.0.6, if you use profiles as defined in user functions (probe sets), you have the choice between a line/cell intersection approach (1 value per cell), or a given set of probes with a "snap to cell center" or "snap to vertex" option (keeping only one of probes lying in the same cells), or to simply keep al points.
Using this option, you can control sbetween 0 and 1.

Using the GUI, when multiple points are associated to the same cell, only one is kept. So it explains why you have less points.
The curvilinear coordinate s should also be between 0 and 1, but I have seen strange behavior for this and am not sure.

In v7, things are unified, so the newer system (available in v5 and v6 in user functions) is also managed through the GUI.

Best regards,

Yvan
zeph67

Post by zeph67 »

OK thank you Yvan for your answer.

When is v7 gonna be released ?

Best regards,
Christophe
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

V7 should be released in May. We may provide a .tar.gz release for release candidates a bit earlier.
If you are pulling the code from GitHub, the v7.0 branch is available, and probably as stable as v6.0 by now.

Best regards,

Yvan