How to simulate the thermal transfer in solid directly in Code Satune

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Yvan Fournier

Re: How to simulate the thermal transfer in solid directly in Code Satune

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I do not think there has been much work on this subject so far, but I'll try to check with my colleague which terms need to be changed/modified in the source code.

Version 6.0 should be released spring 2019, and version 5.3 any time soon (it is a bit late, but needs a bit more testing as there have been quite a few recent changes). Validation for 6.0 should start in December or January, so changes in the part of the code should ideally be done before that time (unless they are very unobtrusive, which I am not sure about)

Best regards,

Yvan

PS: If Luciano is reading this, he might also have some ideas, as he has worked on a previous iteration of this part of the code.
Luciano Garelli

Post by Luciano Garelli »

Hello,

As Yvan mention I was working with a colleague on a previous iteration of this part of the code, but I never use the radiation module of CS.

Did you try to use the radiation module with internal coupling? I think that may be the problem is how to set the BC in the new created internal wall.

I will try to run the example case adding a radiation modeling.

Regards,

Luciano
Laurent Bertrand

Post by Laurent Bertrand »

Dear Luciano,

Did you try to run the example case adding a radiation modeling. As you have mentioned, the problem is how to set the BC in the new created internal wall.

Best regards,

Laurent
Pisolino

Post by Pisolino »

Hi all,
it's been a long time for me since the last CS + Syrthes simulation, the tutorial i wrote is now totally obsolete (thanks to the great improvements in CS). This topic is of great interest for me, i would like to share some questions, both general and specific, i had:

- CS 5.0 and syrthes (still @ 4.3 version) can be coupled together ?
- Coupling is something achievable only in linux or it is possible also in windows?

- For what i saw here in this post internal_coupling seems perfect for fluid - solid conduction interactions ( i.e. i'm interested in a metal mould with its' internal cooling circuit). From a mathematical point of view this solution this is completely equal to have a coupling with syrthes ??

- How feasible/crazy is the idea of simulations where the solid part is evolving ? i.e. topology optimization

In the meanwhile thanks for the example, i'll try to better understand this trick.

Andrea
Andrea
CEO and R&D manager @ ARGO srl

mail: info@argosrl.eu
site: www.argosrl.eu