Pulverised coal combustion tutorial part 1

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
marauder

Pulverised coal combustion tutorial part 1

Post by marauder »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do pulverised coal combustion and the tutorial available on site here
http://code-saturne.org/cms/documentation/Tutorials says it is the part 2 of the simulation coal combustion & biofuel combustion.

I need the actual "Simulating Pulverized Coal Combustion with Code_Saturne" tutorial. Can somebody share me the link to that because I've searched extensively and couldn't find!?
Yvan Fournier

Re: Pulverised coal combustion tutorial part 1

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'll need to check, but I never saw the first mentioned tutorial, and am not sure it has been written in or translated to English (as an older document, it is probably an internal document).

In any case, the tutorial is usable "as is": I used it just a few days ago to test the Lagrangian coal combustion module (for which there is no validation case, so results are not guaranteed, though we do our best to fix reported issues). I fixed some bugs, so 5.0-rc1 is not quite ready yet, but the 5.0 branch contains the fixes and version 5.0.0 (which we'll release any day now) runs it OK.

The GUI has changed a bit since version 3.2, but not so much, so the tutorial remains quite usable even though it is a bit old. But you need to be very careful with the given values: any small typo can lead to non-converging values, so I'll probably also post some "solution" data.

Best regards,

Yvan
marauder

Post by marauder »

Yvan Fournier wrote:Hello,

I'll need to check, but I never saw the first mentioned tutorial, and am not sure it has been written in or translated to English (as an older document, it is probably an internal document).

In any case, the tutorial is usable "as is": I used it just a few days ago to test the Lagrangian coal combustion module (for which there is no validation case, so results are not guaranteed, though we do our best to fix reported issues). I fixed some bugs, so 5.0-rc1 is not quite ready yet, but the 5.0 branch contains the fixes and version 5.0.0 (which we'll release any day now) runs it OK.

The GUI has changed a bit since version 3.2, but not so much, so the tutorial remains quite usable even though it is a bit old. But you need to be very careful with the given values: any small typo can lead to non-converging values, so I'll probably also post some "solution" data.

Best regards,

Yvan
Thanks! I'm also about do it and compare with other codes, will post the results on version 5 if it is successful.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I can also post my setup in a few days, but won't have access to my computer (only my phone) before Monday.

Best regards,

Yvan
marauder

Post by marauder »

Is it possible to do steady state analysis for coal combustion in Code_Saturne?

Because this tutorial with biomass and frozen field is a little confusing.
sante

Post by sante »

Hello!
I would also like the same with the GUI version 5.0 but I can not. Marauder I send you the mesh file of the tutorial.

Best regards!

Sante Junior
Attachments
Tutorial3D.cgns.tar.gz
(454.22 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Here is my setup. Code runs, but I did not check results.

Regards,

Yvan
Attachments
setup.xml
Lagrangian setup
(27.25 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
setup.xml
Eulerian setup
(23.63 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
sante

Post by sante »

Hello,

I saw your configuration for both phases. But I would like to know how to enter the number of particles in the sub-section "Global settings"! I can not do it.

Regards

Sante Junior
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This was for a maximum number of particles. In newer versions, allocation is automatic, so this option has been removed.

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

Hello!
Thank you for your reply; How to solve this problem? In my work I must be able to impose the number of particle in order to study their lagrangian degradation.
Do not you have a solution to this problem?

Regards,

Sante Junior