Error in velocity field definition?

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
kennethchaw

Re: Error in velocity field definition?

Post by kennethchaw »

Hi,

Nope. Actually, I did the same thing using GUI, is there a way to convert XML to the respective user subroutines? Anyway, I tried to compare both listing files, the variables are defined the same way, but maybe something wrong in my coding that I hardly debug?

Thanks.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I guess you're missing some option to ensure the "beta" field exists (or possibly the courseware was based on a different version).

I don't believe I have a copy of the tutorial from the Hartree Center, though it might have been lost in the middle of regular exchanges with our colleagues from STFC and EDF Energy UK who ran that tutorial. I'll check with them for this setup (or better, remind them to check on this forum).

Best regards,

Yvan
kennethchaw

Post by kennethchaw »

Hi,

Here is the tutorial that I have been mentioning...

Regards,
Kenneth
Attachments
03_TB_LES_SRC.pdf
(4.44 MiB) Downloaded 206 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Checking the courseware, I see no mention of using variable physical properties. The "ibeta" example is in the basic code's examples, but that example is not usable in a "stand-alone" manner (it was removed and replaced by other examples in version 4.3).

So if you want a variable density, you need to define your own equation, using "existing" fields (when in doubt, check setup.log in you previous runs to see which ones exist).

Regards,

Yvan
kennethchaw

Post by kennethchaw »

Hi,

So there is a latest one? what do you mean by basic code's example?

Ya I did define the variable density equation in cs_user_physical_properties.f90.

thanks.