Boussinesq approximation

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
GautierR

Boussinesq approximation

Post by GautierR »

Hello,

I'm trying to implement the Boussinesq approximation as define in the Heated Cavity Square tutorial. I've tried to start from the reference file with the 'example 1: variable density as a function of temperature'.

As I a real beginner with Fortan subroutine, I've first try to implement it with the GUI user define law, but I don't really know how I can get the fluid properties with this tool. (like viscosity or thermal conductivity)

Then I've tried to write it in the 'usphyv' subroutine. But I get lost with all the notation. Some of the function or variable are not explained in the user guide (but I may be wrong). I put in attachment the property fortran subroutine and the compile.log.

Moreover if you have any advice/general method concerning implementation of subroutine, I think it could be really useful.

Thank you in advance,

Gautier

Edit : I have finally a version without any error in compilation, but the calculation stop at the first iterate.

I use the windows version 4.0.
Attachments
listing.txt
(24.44 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
compile.log
(9.67 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
cs_user_physical_properties.f90
(16.16 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Boussinesq approximation

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Another user posted a similar question recently, so you may first try the forum for "bousinesq". I don't guarantee this will be enough, but it should help you see what the general options are, and get you started.

Regards,

Yvan
Ruonan

Re: Boussinesq approximation

Post by Ruonan »

Hello,

I just want to note that for the heated square tutorial case, the cs_user_physical_properties.f90 subroutine in this post worked well. I use version 7.0 and got good results. Thank you!

Best regards,
Ruonan