BC error (BC does not correspond to any boundary face)

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
quarian_engineer

BC error (BC does not correspond to any boundary face)

Post by quarian_engineer »

Dear users,

Recently I run a simulation for a turbine blade using a mesh generated with Salome and it worked quite well, but the mesh was actually not really "good" (some non-orthogonal cells, skewness at boundary/viscous layers, etc.) The mesh was imported in code_saturne as a .MED file.

Some days later it was decided to run the same simulation but with a mesh generated with Ansys Fluent. It was imported in code_saturne as a .CGNS file.

After that I became an error:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Code_Saturne: cs_selector.c:105: Warning
The group "Inlet" in the selection criteria:
"Inlet" does not correspond to any boundary face.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
And this for ALL boundary faces.

Is it a mesh issue because of that this problem appeared, or did I defined something really wrong?

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
S.
Yvan Fournier

Re: BC error (BC does not correspond to any boundary face)

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You probably did not export the CGNS file with the correct options, but if you posted all the information recommended in the forum guidelines, I could give you a more precise answer.

Regards,

Yvan
quarian_engineer

Hello Yvan and thanks for an answer.

- So, my version of code_saturne is 4.0
- Hier is my preprocessor.log:
preprocessor.log
(5.29 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
- listing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfl9exqa4t414j1/listing?dl=0
- And mesh: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6o4et3524xktm ... .cgns?dl=0 (by some reason I cant put these files in the attachments, maybe they are too big?)

But what is meant by "compile.log"? I can't find it in my case directory.

So, and I created the geometry with Salome 7.5.0, imported it as a .step file into Ansys Fluent 15.0 and created there the mesh and exported it in a .cgns file into code_saturne. While working in Fluent, I created the "named selections" of the geometry, they are supposed to be my boundaries.

I hope, it was enough information.

Thanks again.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You only have compile.log files if you have user subroutines. Looking at your listing, group names (INLET, OUTLET, SHROUD, P1, P2) appear all appear in all capital letters (as they pobably are in the CGNS file), while in your criteria (based on you previous meshes I assume), only the first letters are capitalized.

Selection criteria are case-sensitive (at least regarding group names, not keywords).

Regards,

Yvan
quarian_engineer

Hello,

Actually I gave the same names of boundaries while creating "named selections" (with only the first letter as a capital letter). Anyway I changed the definition of boundary regions in code_saturne to capital letters only; but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

I'll search for another option to define BC's with Ansys, since the problem occurs only if I import the Ansys-mesh in code_saturne.

Thanks anyway for your help :)
quarian_engineer

...or maybe do you know how do I export the mesh from Ansys Fluent in code_saturne with correctly defined BC's?
quarian_engineer

Finally I solved the problem. I forgot to define only one face which belongs to my wing blade and this was causing the error. But now it works!