One-way coupling and Two-way coupling of Lagrangian Particle

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
ffan

One-way coupling and Two-way coupling of Lagrangian Particle

Post by ffan »

Hi Code_Saturne users/developers,

I would like to use the One-way coupling and Two-way coupling of Lagrangian Particle tracking. They are not available from the GUI (grayed out in v4.1.1 GUI). Are there instructions and/or example cases of how to use them from the user subroutines/functions? Thank you very much.

- ffan
Yvan Fournier

Re: One-way coupling and Two-way coupling of Lagrangian Part

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

On my machine(s), they are not grayed out by default, but are grayed out using the combustion (pulverized coal) option combined with Lagrangian particle tracking.

The two-way coupling has not been complete/used in to my knowledge in many years, ad is outside the scope of the current validation suite, so I would not trust it anyways.

I see no reason why the one-way coupling should not work with combustion, (possibly a bug in the GUI), but there is a tutorial for pulverized coal combustion on this site which might provide more explainations (which you might already have used; I'm sorry I don't remember who posted about it recently, and I'm trying to answer quickly).

Best regards,

Yvan
ffan

Post by ffan »

Thanks Yvan. Yes, when Pulverized coal combustion was turned off , the One-way and the Two-way coupling options became available on the GUI. I ran the example case on v4.0.3 with no combustion for one-way and two-way coupling and found that, if two-way coupling is started from the initial zero field, it ran. But, when started from the flow result of a previous steady run. It produced the error:
@ L'INDICATEUR SUR LE COUPLAGE RETOUR SUR LA DYNAMIQUE
@ EST ACTIVE (LTSDYN = 1) (LAGOPT),
@ ALORS QUE LA PHASE PORTEUSE EST CALCULEE AVEC
@ L'OPTION CHAMP FIGE (ICCVFG = 1) (USINI1).
Please also see the attached listing file. Thanks.

One-way coupling does not have the problem. It ran from the initial zero field and from the result of a steady run.

- ffan
Attachments
listing.txt
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, the check does not seem too consistent, but in any case, the two way coupling has not been used much recently (or rather, semi-recently, by which I mean since the parallelization of the trajectory algorithm), so I would be very careful using it (i.e. compare with validation data or well-defined unit verification cases). Chances are also that it may work in serial mode, but not so well in parallel mode.

Any feedback will be useful, but be careful interpreting your results with the 2-way coupling :)

Regards,

Yvan